Sunday 13 June 2010

More decisions

So it came to light this week that I'm probably going to have to move house again, my other housemates are wanting to move on because we have all got to the point where we are fed up with fighting our landlady to make simple "wear and tear" repairs to the flat, among many other factors.

I've contemplated making the most of this opportunity to change city, be it in the the UK or abroad, as I've mentioned before. Also with my contract coming to an end at work at the end of the year I'm trying to decide if this is the perfect opportunity to make some changes. I have all these ambitions with regards to my career and travelling but I always end up finding an excuse not to pursue them. This is another stress I feel I don't really need at the moment but also equally a welcome distraction.

I've been going to a social group in Islington over the past couple of Fridays which has been a brilliant way to start widening my social circle in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Its also helped to face some of my daemons, I just wish I'd known about this group years ago. Typical small world I know someone who use to go there but I'm not going to let that put me off as it actually emphasises how positive going will be for me.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like things are positive! everything is an opportunity waiting to happen. one door closes another one opens...

    ReplyDelete