Tuesday 18 May 2010

Chris Ofili



I had a heck of a lot on my mind on Saturday, so I decided to use my tried and tested cure. I plugged in my iPod and just started walking towards Central London. I ended up at Tate Britain where the Chris Ofili exhibition was in its last few days. I've wanted to see this for some time and this was going to be my last opportunity as the exhibition ended on the 16th.

It was extremely interesting; it was shocking and very original. You could tell there was a lot of passion and thought behind all of his pieces. They were mostly made up of Elephant dung, glitter and map pins, these probably shouldn't work as a medium for art especially on canvas or linen, but for some reason him it did.

I have a feeling I'm going to need a lot more of these trips in the coming weeks so next I think I'll give Henry Moore a shot!


No comments:

Post a Comment